While there are a variety of reasons folks hate Apple, many of the most often repeated reasons boil down to two general problems: 1) Hypocrisy and 2) Draconian, closed methods. Let’s take a little gander at these two general categories and see why Apple is so well described by these titles. Apple’s hypocrisy takes a [...]
A company should redesign their website for many reasons. For a company the decision to redesign a website may be more compelling than for a personal website or community website. A small company may have budgetary constraints that prevent a redesign of their website. However the increasing role played by online marketing [...]
A web design company needs to monitor the advancements in technology closely in order to remain competitive. A Web design company that offers only static websites is limited in its viability in today’s information driven economy.
Website design has evolved in recent years. The information publishing needs are more complex and powerful than they have ever [...]
Should a company outsource its website to a web design company or keep the process in-house? Outsourcing company’s website development to a web design company is popular among businesses. Over 50 % UK companies currently outsource work to a web design company. Outsourcing website development to a web design company is equally popular with [...]
It Costs WHAT?!!!!!
I’m tired of hearing that.
Budgeting your internet marketing project may seem like a crap shoot. But I can simplify things for you:
- If you’re building a new site, expect to spend 2X that amount again in the year after the site launches. Unless you want it to sit there, all alone, with no traffic.
- If you want a site built by a single untrained individual who ‘learned how to use Dreamweaver’, expect to spend less than $2000. Also, expect to build a new site within 3 months.
- If you want a site built by a 5-10 person, boutique-style agency, expect to spend, at an absolute minimum, $10,000. These are experts, and they deserve to be paid as experts.
- If you find a 5-10 person, boutique-style agency that’ll build you a site for $2000 or less, expect something that looks like they had a sneezing fit during the design phase.
- If you expect to get a #1 ranking on Google for $99, you’re insane.
- If you hire a smart individual with a proven track record to optimize your site for search engines, expect to pay at least $5000, one time. Unless they’re your friend, or they’re willing to work hourly.
- If you hire a big agency with all sorts of fancy tools, an army of copywriters and other expertise for search engine optimization, expect to pay, at an absolute minimum, $50,000 for a one-year engagement.
- If you want to double your sales this year, you are going to have to pay more than $1000 to do it.
- Reliable hosting costs more than $9.95 a month.
- If you’re spending $250,000 to build your product and get it to market, don’t tell me you can’t spend $15,000 to give it a decent web site, unless you want to watch my eyes bug out like I’ve been suddenly depressurized.
I may be unusually grumpy tonight because I’m at Disney World in Florida. It’s 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity. I’m jetlagged, and I just spent $17 on a cheeseburger. And I’m here working.
A web design company’s one of the key challenges is to strike a balance between different web design elements. A web design company’s focus is equally on websites usability than on the visual design of the website. There is little doubt that the design of a website is key to its commercial success.
There are many [...]