A company’s website plays an important role today. Companies today have an active strategy to attract customers to their website. A company often spends vital resources to maintain a professional website. It is common for a company today spend resources to market its website. It is hence important for a company to ensure visitors remain on the website long enough to generate sales or leads for the business.
A conversion rate refers to the percentage of visitors who take or complete a desired action on a company’s website. A company often uses conversion rate to measure the performance of its website. It is not standardised and it varies from company to company. It can include anything from a direct sale on website, lead, customer enquiry or online registration. Achieving a higher conversion rate is one of the key objectives of an effective website strategy. Retaining visitors on the website for longer has a direct impact on conversion rates. The longer visitors stay on the website the greater the chances of conversion.
A web design company needs to monitor the advancements in technology closely in order to remain competitive. A Web design company that offers only static websites is limited in its viability in today’s information driven economy.
Website design has evolved in recent years. The information publishing needs are more complex and powerful than they have ever [...]
Should a company outsource its website to a web design company or keep the process in-house? Outsourcing company’s website development to a web design company is popular among businesses. Over 50 % UK companies currently outsource work to a web design company. Outsourcing website development to a web design company is equally popular with [...]
It Costs WHAT?!!!!!
I’m tired of hearing that.
Budgeting your internet marketing project may seem like a crap shoot. But I can simplify things for you:
- If you’re building a new site, expect to spend 2X that amount again in the year after the site launches. Unless you want it to sit there, all alone, with no traffic.
- If you want a site built by a single untrained individual who ‘learned how to use Dreamweaver’, expect to spend less than $2000. Also, expect to build a new site within 3 months.
- If you want a site built by a 5-10 person, boutique-style agency, expect to spend, at an absolute minimum, $10,000. These are experts, and they deserve to be paid as experts.
- If you find a 5-10 person, boutique-style agency that’ll build you a site for $2000 or less, expect something that looks like they had a sneezing fit during the design phase.
- If you expect to get a #1 ranking on Google for $99, you’re insane.
- If you hire a smart individual with a proven track record to optimize your site for search engines, expect to pay at least $5000, one time. Unless they’re your friend, or they’re willing to work hourly.
- If you hire a big agency with all sorts of fancy tools, an army of copywriters and other expertise for search engine optimization, expect to pay, at an absolute minimum, $50,000 for a one-year engagement.
- If you want to double your sales this year, you are going to have to pay more than $1000 to do it.
- Reliable hosting costs more than $9.95 a month.
- If you’re spending $250,000 to build your product and get it to market, don’t tell me you can’t spend $15,000 to give it a decent web site, unless you want to watch my eyes bug out like I’ve been suddenly depressurized.
I may be unusually grumpy tonight because I’m at Disney World in Florida. It’s 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity. I’m jetlagged, and I just spent $17 on a cheeseburger. And I’m here working.
A web design company’s one of the key challenges is to strike a balance between different web design elements. A web design company’s focus is equally on websites usability than on the visual design of the website. There is little doubt that the design of a website is key to its commercial success.
There are many [...]
A company’s web design is in constant need for improvements and enhancements. A web design company should understand the different issues that make a website effective. The importance of an effective web design for a company has increased manifold in recent years. Today a company’s website goes much beyond offering information. Web design plays [...]